Saturday, July 10, 2010

"Take my fret, take my fear. All I have, I'm leaving here"

  So being here at camp has allowed me to expand my worship music collection (which is slightly hazardous with almost instant access to itunes).  This week, since we haven't had any campers I have been listening to music as I fall asleep and there has been one song that has filled me a lot.  So often I find myself holding on to those things that I know I need to let go.  With the different atmostphere we have had this week with family camp, my thoughts were quite often focused on my wedding, home, and missing Jason a lot.  Obviously since I am away all summer I am not able to continue to finish planning wedding stuff, and last weekend Jason and I signed the lease agreement to our new apartment and that was a huge burden off my shoulders and also a blessing that we were able to get into the place that we want!  So even though i am away and not able to do those things, God has reminded me to let go and not worry about them because they are still being done back home even if I don't have a hand in every single part (like sometimes I feel I need), and everything is coming together! This song has helped me to focus my thoughts back on God and trusting him as I can't do things alone, so that I am not distracted from my job this summer as a counselor.  The song is called "Only You" and it is by David Crowder Band, here are the lyrics:
  Take my heart, I lay it down
  At the feet of you whose crowned
  Take my life, I'm letting go
  I life it up to you who's throned
And I will worhsip You, Lord
Only You, Lord
And I will bow down before You
Only You, Lord
  Take my fret, take my fear
  All I have, I'm leaving here
  Be all my hopes, be all my dreams
  Be all my delights, be my everything
And It's just You and me here now
Only You and me here now
  You should see the view
  When it's only You

Please pray for a good night's rest tonight and lots of energy from God this week and the rest of the weeks to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment