Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Quest to the Island

  This week I am working with Quest campers, which is our 16 &17 age group who come for one week of training and then come back one other week in the summer as a CIT.  We are on "Leadership Island" which is pretty rustic like I mentioned in my last post! So far it has been pretty good though.  Last night we had some storms, but I seemed to sleep right through them which was odd because I've not had my fan and it's really quiet for my liking.  We got to come back to main camp yesterday to train the kids on the high adventure stuff and take showers, and today we are back again to shower and teach them about "ages and stages" (behavioral patterns for certain age groups, etc.)  The questers got their mission last night for our "out trip" which is taking place starting tomorrow.  They were given a few instructions about the backpacking we will be doing up in the Manistee National Forest.  They are planning everything from what we will be eating to what our schedule looks like.  The other staff and I almost had no food for the trip nor a place to sleep, but then we hinted to them that we would like to eat as well.  I think they planned to have burritos and baked beans, and well...bathrooms during this trip have quite the natural scene (if you know what I mean) so we'll see how that goes! The group has some pretty strong headed people and some pretty laid back not very involved people and we have been trying to encourage them all to make sure everyone is being included...but so far we've had a lot of arguments and disagreements! It should get better, I hope..or it may be a loooooong trip! Well, I'm going to get a nap in for the remaining portion of my hour off and then get a shower in very soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. im happy that everything is going so well! good luck on the backpacking trip and have fun. i love u and i always think about u:)

    ReplyDelete